loose USB-C socket

Killed by Death

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
The phone is a Motorola One-Play which I've had for a while & it's still working fine, with the single caveat that the charging port is loose.
It's fine if it's on a desk, of course, but once you pick up to do anything, the cord slips right out.

Not that big of a deal until I'm trying to use it for navigating on gOOgle Maps in my automobile, where I would hang it from my rear-view mirror & plugged in to charge.
That doesn't work very well now, because if I brake a little hard or hit a good bump, out comes the charging plug.

Anyone else experience this & found a solution?
I tried blowing it out with compressed air, which helps a little, but not nearly enough.

Wow, that's cheap, but I don't dare take this thing apart on my own.
Last time I opened something like this up was my ThinkPad & I was seriously concerned about getting it back together after I damaged a couple of the snap-clips of the shell casing.

Not to worry a family-member dropped it on a concrete floor later-on & while it still functions, it's limping & will not do Wireless Display anymore & if you lift it from the wrong corner the battery shorts out!

There WAS a shop 30 miles North that does this sort of repairs, but:
A - they were expensive
B - they recently closed

I tried blowing it out with compressed air, which helps a little, but not nearly enough.

Did you try digging any fluff out using a toothpick or cocktail stick? Compacted fluff can cause the lead not to plug in properly.

I will try that today, I saw a guy doing it on a YT video & thought it was risky, but I guess it depends on how much force a person uses.

I will try that today, I saw a guy doing it on a YT video & thought it was risky, but I guess it depends on how much force a person uses.

It doesn't take a huge amount of force, to be safe use a wooden cocktail stick (or plastic toothpick) and you wouldn't cause any damage.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom