Loose lcd panels on Philips 32 9976...?

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by ancient, Mar 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ancient

ancient
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi...

I have purchased this set...The problem is the screen on it is loose ie when you touch it even lightly it moves in by about 2mm...I am having my 3rd set delivered this morning by John Lewis...so I have already returned 2...Hopefully the 3rd will be ok...I checked the model on their display and thers is no movement at all,I also phoned technical and they informed me there should not be any movement at all....it seems like a bad batch...are you guys aware/have you been informed of this ...

Cheers.

2. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi Sunny333,

I have just tried the screen on my new 9976 and there is the same movement on it as yours. Mostly at the sides and top. I got my TV from http://www.ThePlasmaCentre.com.

On another note I was wondering whether you received a proper VESA backing plate with yours. I only received a Philips mounting bracket and I need to hang the TV onto a standard VESA angled bracket. The US equivalent TV seems to come with the correct plate with the 200mm fittings.

Cheers,
    Pete.

Update : I have checked with Philips on the screen movement thing and they say it is normal, the Plasma Centre has one in stock and they have tried theirs and they say the movement is also normal. I guess it is so the screen has room for movement when it heats up?

As for the backing plate, Philips say they dont actually do one to take a VESA bracket. So I managed to get a decent one from the Plasma Centre for £168. It's the Raw FLCD1 backing plate and the PSA1 mounting bracket (details are on the www.raw-int.com website)

3. ancient

ancient
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi mate...When I checked with them they told me there should not be any movement...+ the display model was perfect...JL have now informed head office and are looking into it.