• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Loose floor tiles - Any tilers here?

Veni Vidi Vici

Hi all

I had some ceramic floor tiles laid in my home a few years ago however a few have now become loose and the grout has broken, cracked and come away.

I did originally lay heavy board over the floor boards but I think there is some movement which is why the floor tiles are coming loose.

Is there anything I can? Can they be relaid or will they just come loose again?

Chadford

Distinguished Member
If there's not too many just re-lay the tiles and re-grout. You will probably get a few more years without problems. The only issue will be that the grout will not quite match the original colour for a month or two until it gets a bit dirty and washed and gets dirty and washed etc. etc.
Had the very same problem and considered lifting the lot and starting again. Very pleased I didn't.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom