Looper 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks (for nothing) Caz. This is now on my list. Stop making them sound so good.

They're going a little crazy with the 4k releases at the moment. Every week there's another film I could add to my collection. A collection I'm still trying to reduce in size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cas, pretty sure I’ve only seen this the once at the cinema. Definitely have to get myself a copy, remember it being enjoyable 👍🏻

Great review, great film, looking forward to watching again in 4K. From memory the iconic Michell Gyrodec (used to have one) turntable is featured...class all round.

I totally forgot about this film until I saw this review - great as always. Actually didn’t like the film when I first saw it but it’s one of those that the more I watch it the better it gets. And now in 4k, darn another one to purchase!

Another spot on review Cas, thank you. It’s been a while since I watched this, I already have it on blu but now looks like it’s going to get an upgrade. Just a pity a lot of the recent releases don’t seem to feature an audio upgrade as it makes it harder to justify to myself the need to replace the blu ray version! Still, certain films are worth having multiple versions of and this is one of them.

Another spot on review Cas, thank you. It’s been a while since I watched this, I already have it on blu but now looks like it’s going to get an upgrade. Just a pity a lot of the recent releases don’t seem to feature an audio upgrade as it makes it harder to justify to myself the need to replace the blu ray version! Still, certain films are worth having multiple versions of and this is one of them.
I suppose I'm "lucky" that I didn't buy many of these films on blu. But I'm trying not to grow my collection. What's worse is that these aren't even the films I am waiting for lol.

I suppose I'm "lucky" that I didn't buy many of these films on blu. But I'm trying not to grow my collection. What's worse is that these aren't even the films I am waiting for lol.
I know what you mean, you read a review for a film you haven’t watched in years and next thing it’s on “the list”. I’ve actually replaced blu ray copies that I haven’t even watched or only watched once! My brother doesn’t mind though as he benefits, I gave him another 30+ films last week. I’m now in the process of clearing out my old tv box sets just to make room for more 4k discs I don’t need lol.

Thanks Cas - 4K version not available on my rental site yet, but I will give it another watch when it shows up there.

Good call as usual Cas, a very enjoyable film and probably if it was to be made now you wouldn’t want Bruce Willis to be in it.
Yup this was probably the last time Willis actually got up, gave a shit and put in a performance rather than just mailing it in .

Cheers @Casimir Harlow as this is a keeper .

It's something of a shame that Brucie's become more of a conversation piece, than the actual film and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's top drawer performance.
This remains a brutally fine time piece.

I think I may have to revisit this as I don't recall Bruce Willis giving an earnest performance here, thought he was well & truly in "paycheck" mode as this point, doing his usual sleepwalking nonsense, his last "committed" efforts was 2005's Hostage and/or possibly 2006's 16 Blocks, sadly Richard Donner's final directorial effort, at least it seemed Bruce gave Donner a reasonable performance with a great "I'm Too Old For This Shit" vibe :)

Sucks that my iTunes purchase probably won't be upgraded to 4K..oh well,still a great movie.

didn't trip me at all, thought the time loop plot just didn't make sense. Will generally give JGL a watch though.

Thanks for the great review.

I think what we have here is a classic sci-fi film dripping with quality. Gawd knows how it got made.

I'll buy it the minute I can see it for £15.00. I must have about 10 tat versions of this on DVD (including a DVD box with a watch) so I can wait.

Back cover:

looper.jpg

I watched this at the Vue Leicester Square after an IT training course. Can’t believe it was 2012!

Good film.

Looks like this one is way too hotly graded to the point it doesn't look how it was shot.

This is how National Treasure 1 and POTC 4K DV streams look (HDR in a SDR container).

Caps. Overall it does look hot. Some caps reminds me of King Kong 2005 but with grain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom