1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loooooong DVI cable

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Marty Williams, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any of you lovely folks know where I can find a 15 mtr DVI cable?

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
  3. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You, as they say, are the man.

Ta

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    Hello Marty

Ensure you get anything that's 15m on Sale or Return - not all cables will work in all installations; your way beyond what DVI was practically build to deliver as far as cable length goes.

The format of the signal your sending, the Source Device, the Display Device and the cable are all crucial in achieving a trouble free signal at 15m.

Cables I known have worked in lots of installation where other have failed are from BetterCables - more costlier than Lindy but they have proven over and over again where others fail these deliver - see http://www.bettercables.com/15me4febecad.html

Best regards

Joe

5. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, Joe

I'll save the link to my faves and make sure I can return the Lindy if needs be.

:D

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Anyone with a Samsung HD745 or Oppo can rest assured a 15m Lindy DVI cable will work into a Hitachi PJTX100. No warranties expressed or implied for other combinations...PJ :D

7. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi all, I was thinking of trying my Z2 with a DVI input but thought that a 10mtr cable would be too long, do you all think it would be worth changing my graphics card to a nvidia 6 series with DVI output? or would the PQ improvment not be worth the cost and effort?

I am currently using a 10mtr VGA cable from my HTPC (shuttle with athlon 3200+ 512mb ram) and getting good results but you all know what it's like, I know I have a theoretically better cabling option and want an excuse to try it to achieve the best possible results!!

8. Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went from VGA to DVI on my BenQ 7700, attaching to a 6800GT gfx card.

WIth a normal window on it, say Windows Explorer, the DVI is very noticeably sharper, in fact it's as sharp as it'll ever get. Big difference on text.

On movies I think I'd have to have the two running side by side to spot the difference, not because there's not much of a difference but because differences in quality are much harder to spot on movies.

I'm using a 3m Lindy cable, which I got because people here said their 15m+ cables worked fine. Mine works fine too, but a 3m cable bloody well ought to anyway :)