1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looks nice

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by squid, Jan 18, 2002.

1. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just wondered if anyone has seen this link it looks very good in person . shame the specs don't look to good . it has a drop down front flap with inputs and usb ports ect and a very nice lcd panel . from looking at it it looks just like a stand alone dvd player . i wonder if it's posable to upgrad it :confused:

2. skimber

skimber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your link goes to an expired session, not the product... What's it called? then we can search for it!

Cheers

Simon

3. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry about that .

stupid site . don't you just hate it when they do that? :(

it's the FUJITSU FJI MULTI MULTITAINER C733MHZ PC PACKAGE

4. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you can upgrade it it would make an exelent hcpc . it comes with a 17" mon dvd drive and an infra red keyboard:)

5. Galaxy

Galaxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just after I bought all the bits for my HTPC i saw an entry in the Maplin catalogue for a small PC called a BOOK PC KIT cat no.ZR97F
    its seesm to be made just right for DVD playback and at #250 good value too all you need is H/D, Memory, CPU and fan.
    Take a look at www.maplin.co.uk

6. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the mane prob with that is it says that it's been Discontinued and there aint any more :(

7. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and the one i was talking about has everything and is only 399 quid. i'm thinking of getting one just for the cinema . the pc i have now i use for everything and i could do with somthing a l;ittle more dedicated . this little baby would look so good with the rest of my kit ;)

8. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just found more info on it and a better pic of the unit link

9. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Lo all,

I was in Curry's the other day and noticed this PC. I must admit it really does look the mutts nuts! But one thing I did notice when I looked round the back of the case (if my memory serves me correctly) is that there aren't any expansion slots. So no way of upgrading either the sound or the graphics. A bit of a none starter I would of thought.

But just another word on the case. It really is excellent. Why don't any of the case manufactures make cases like this! It even has a Dolby Digital logo on it! And a lovely backlit LCD panel. Well we live and hope.

Cheers

Dave

10. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shame about having no slots . i was going to have a look befor i got one . might not bother then .

i do think that for somone that dos'nt realy fansy having a big bulky pc in there cinema and don't want to spend a fortune on a top notch scaler it would still be a better bet than a iscan or the like .

i whant the damn case though . (i wonder if i got one and cut the back off could i jam my mobo in there ):D :D

even the best cases out there don't look as good as this . they still tend to look like a pc (nice and shinny yes but still a pc ):(

11. hilljd

hilljd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just found this thread with a search for Multitainer, thought I might find some info. But, maybe I can give you some. Three of us working together over here (Norway) have just bought them. They are now fairly out of date and are being dumped on the market for about 350 quid. Original price was nearly 1K and they didn't sell well. Just had mine for two days but these are my impressions.

Very neat box, excellent usability due to the natty little IR keyboard and mouse. Comes apart easy, two internal expansion slots. DVD drive is a bit cheapo, hard disk seems good. 700 MHz processor works just great. One of my mates thinks it's noisy, but it seems fine to me. An ideal harware hackers box!

Performance wise, well:

DVD: great, 8/10. Digital audio out works good, video image is okay for normal TV viewing. Good enough to justify the purchase alone.

CD: No digital out! May be possible though. Via analogue out, ugh, 2/10, forget it.

PC: Good 640/480 VGA out if you have a TV that will take it. S-vid out is pretty average, rather soft. As a games machine (what I bought it for) it's doing great. Biggest drawback as a PC is lack of output - no floppy disk. Needs networking to realise potential.

The various other features I haven't tested yet.

All in all it's a hell of a lot of machine for relatively little money. Major scope for upgrading make it worth the money just for the basic box and peripherals. If you want more info on our progress just ask.

Jeremy.

12. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,

Can you confirm if it's possible to upgrade the onboard graphics to say a Radeon card?

TIA

Shaun

13. hilljd

hilljd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Apparently it's no problem as Win98 allows two graphics cards to coexist in the one machine. There is some useful stuff on the user group site where someone has done this:

http://www.btinternet.com/~guardian.tm/

You only get the two slots, but these provide the opportunity to upgrade both video and audio performance which is fine for me.

Jeremy.

14. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Cheers for the info Jeremy!

Can they be bought in the champagne finish in the UK?

I'm tempted to get one and network it.

Rgds,

Shaun

15. hilljd

hilljd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

You may find they can only be bought in the champagne finish, that's the case here. I really wanted black or silver, but it's very close to silver...

And yes, networking it is the way to go.

BTW my biggest reservation with it was just me being dumb - you can enable the digital output for CD etc using the multimedia control panel. With that done your AV processor can do all the DA conversion and things sound way better. Never heard Quake sound like it did last night!

Go for it!

Jeremy.