• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking TV can you help

weaponx_uk2003

Afternoon

I am looking for a new TV, which will be used for Virgin ( normal box at mo), Xbox 360, PS3, wii, DVD and old xbox.

I would like it with as many ports as possible, and will give my gaming a very good quality and keep the Mrs happy watching TV.

I have a Philips CRT at mo and watch football on it is a shocker pixels out and just crap picture.

I dont want to go mad with the price, 26"+ would be what I am looking for.

Is it true Samsung are best for Xbox 360?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Is it true Samsung are best for Xbox 360?

No it's not true. There seems to be a misconception that because Microsoft use Samsung TV's for their 360 demo stations that it is the best brand forusing with the 360. I would say the best brands of TV's on the market at the moment are Samsung, Panasonic and Sony. The likes of Toshiba and LG are not too far behind with companies like Hitachi, JVC and Sharp making decent but not top notch sets. What is your budget ? Without knowing that it's difficult to recommend any TV sets.

vickster

Distinguished Member

weaponx_uk2003

Am I better to got for a 100Hz?

Ok if no 26" TVs with 1080p.

what am i to go for ? and how much?

dont think the Mrs would want to go more then 32"

vickster

Distinguished Member

vickster

Distinguished Member
Your uses do not warrant 1080p especially in a 26 or 32" screen :) Unless you are going to sit a foot away and use as a PC monitor (which you don't mention in the first post, nor Blu-ray). I don't think there are any 26" 1080p sets anyhow

weaponx_uk2003

It will mostly be for Tv and gaming. but PS3 is 1080p so that why I wanted one. DOnt have any Blu ray yet as I am on a CRT at moment.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Only a few PS3 games are 1080p, but yes they do play blu-ray of course. However, on a small TV you'll be hard pushed to see the difference - I have a 720p plasma and blu-ray is stunning and that's on a 37" from about 8 ft

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom