Looking to upgrade speakers - advise please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by spikeyboyo, Oct 18, 2001.

1. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I currently have Mission Cinema 7 speaker package and am looking to upgrade.

Having recently heard the Ruark speakers in my local Sevenoaks hifi ive really been tempted to buy them - however prior to parting with my hard earned cash wanted to get feed back if 1) they are any good 2) alternative speakers in price range.

Budget is £2,000 excluding sub (currently have Paradgim sub which does the job i need at the moment)

Current DvD player is Pioneer 626D and amp is Denon AVR-3300 - will probably upgrade amp in the near future.

Look forward to your comments.

Spike

2. sraper

sraper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +253
    Sorry I can't give a comparsion but I will say that I love my Ruarks :) A friend who has some mission speakers (sorry can't remember which) and a REL Q200E sub was always impressed by the amount of bass from my speakers and that was before I bought my sub :D

3. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Stuart, Which Ruarks do you have - im looking at:

Main: Prologue R
    Center: Dialogue One R
    Rears: Epilogue R

Spike

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I have them too and they are fantastic. Superb voicing and control. I have the Prelude R in place of the Prologue as it's front ported so you can stick it nearer the wall. I used my Epilogues for mains for a while and they are very sweet for what they are. I heartily recomend. Please be aware that they will need a lot of running in and will sound naff when you first set them up. Don't get suicidal like I did. The difference after 50 or so hours of work is incredible.