Looking to upgrade my PX11 to a HD ready screen

Reaction score
Before I start I would like to point out that I have read thru the forum and read various posts, all too much to take in. I need some pointers specifically for my requirements.

Want to sell my px11 now, how much you think I will get? Only 9 months old.

I want to replace it with a 42inch hd ready screen.
My problem is which one?

I want a major improvement in PQ if I am gonna be spending more money.

Will need to be on a stand as a wall mount is a no no from the Mrs.

What is the best board set up? Will be using mainly sky and ps2 and xbox. Also will be gettin the next gen consoles when available.
Are there any box type things where I can connect many different inputs and then one wire to the screen?

Just want to get best I can for my budget of around £1700 at the mo and then I can add more to it in another few weeks.

This set up has got to last me a good couple of years and not just 9 months like my px11 :)
I know px11 is still a decent set but I wanna be hd ready :)
Any good bundles anywhere?

Thanks for all the input I am sure you guys are gonna give me :)

Ps, Was gonna get a DLP setup but I think plasma is the way to go now.

bigval said:
Before I start I would like to point out that I have read thru the forum and read various posts, all too much to take in. I need some pointers specifically for my requirements.

Want to sell my px11 now, how much you think I will get? Only 9 months old.

I want to replace it with a 42inch hd ready screen.
My problem is which one?

I want a major improvement in PQ if I am gonna be spending more money.

What is the best board set up? Will be using mainly sky and ps2 and xbox. Also will be gettin the next gen consoles when available.
Are there any box type things where I can connect many different inputs and then one wire to the screen?

Just want to get best I can for my budget of around £1700 at the mo and then I can add more to it in another few weeks.

This set up has got to last me a good couple of years and not just 9 months like my px11 :)
I know px11 is still a decent set but I wanna be hd ready :)
Any good bundles anywhere?

Thanks for all the input I am sure you guys are gonna give me :)

Ps, Was gonna get a DLP setup but I think plasma is the way to go now.

From what I hear you dont have Free to Air HD yet.

By the time they implement HD, you will be able to get a higher definition screen at probably a lower price than those available today.

Even 1024x768 is not true HD. Patience is a virtue :lesson:

Colindale is right. If your current screen does the job on what is available today, why get into HD now? There is no real content available, appreciate that you want it for gaming but still, it does seem to me that the HD Ready screens that are out there are expensive and will be a damn site better and cheaper in 18 months or so when the manufacturers have ironed out the kinks. Just think, if you save what you have now for 18 months, you'll be able to get a stonking screen that is next gen and probably cheaper and you'll still have been able to enjoy 42" plasma in the meantime. Just my thoughts.

yeh I can see your points guys. Maybe I am jumping in too quickly :confused:

bigval said:

erm...she should be in the kitchen preparing your meals and not even notice the wall mount!!!....swap her for another less troublesome model..preferably high def!!

Skal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom