looking to upgrade mordaunt short speakers

jonnyv

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have mordaunt short ms902 frounts and ms905c center speaker, looking to upgrade speakers and change finish from black to light wood,

What would you recomend as a good upgrade for the ms speakers, looking for stand mount with light wood finish

thanks

Balsa wood speaker are quite light ;) sorry, couldnt resist :blush:

A budget would help but B&W make a range of good speakers in a light wood colour

hang on, don't the MS speakers you already have cost more than your budget?!?

How about the B&W DM602 S3 frounts ? Which is the center in the same series ?

I had an LRC60 centre when I had my B&W 602 S3's and it matched them perfectly:)
If you buy new the DM602's are £300 and the LRC60 is £200 (so over your budget iirc). I sold mine on and got about £300 so you should be ok for them if you buy S/H.

They're very good speakers for the money, sound fab and look the business in sorrento finish imo. They are quite bright speakers though so be careful what amp you partner them with and I'd recomend you have a listen to them before you buy. I loved them but they may not be your cup of tea.

Hope your happy with whatever you purchase :D

thanks hawklord, i have a denon 3802 amp.

will try and audition them first before buying, will look around for some second hand

maybe i'm being dense here, but whats the point of 'upgrading' when you won't be getting much more for that sort of budget?

Surely better to wait until you've got twice as much cash and get decent b&w's (or others)?? sounds like you'll only manage the fronts at the moment...?

my current speakers cost me £280 new, if i got the b+w 602 s3 and lcr60 center it would cost me £500 new, thats a difference of £220.

seems like a good price upgrade to me, but not sure how much better the b+w's are until i audition them.

jonnyv said:
my current speakers cost me £280 new, if i got the b+w 602 s3 and lcr60 center it would cost me £500 new, thats a difference of £220.

yah, like i said - quite a bit over your original budget!

in which case, monitor audio b2 and centre would be a possibility... not the best looking beasts (especially compared to b&w's lovelies!) but sound superb to my ears :thumbsup:

Try cheaper B&W model 601 S3 + LCR60...

im looking for a second hand pair of 602 s3 and a center to match..should be around £300 as said before

what about the Mordaunt Short 912s. Assuming you have the old style ones (check at www.mordauntshort.com ) all MS's now come in a much lighter, 'Maple' finish. The 912s ar e the pick of the bunch @ £200. The centre is also available in the Maple finish.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom