• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking to upgrade MoBo/VideoCard

XxFranzxX

Standard Member
I've been experiencing some Blue Screens and crashes when trying to play some of the new High-end Games out around now.

I havn't been able to isolate the problem, But I believe it is probably a hardware fault with the MoBo. I have literally stripped down the PC to nothing, and run it without any peripherals, CD drives or anything except the onboard systems on the MoBo and these Blue screens keep happening, if I can get into the game at all.

Fallout 3 is what I really want to be playing. It runs fine, until I initiate a fight, when it eventually crashes out and blue screens. Nothing I can think of will stop this. Upgrading the BIOS did nothing, in fact it left me with random blue screens when just using windows, if windows even booted. Yes I did it properly, I also installed every version of the BIOS, but nothing made it better, and more foten than not worse.

So. Here's where I am. Upgrading the MoBo also seems like a great time to upgrade my video card. I have an X1650 Pro with 512Mb Video Ram. This is pretty much the best card for me to use atm, as my MoBo doesn't have a PCI-E slot.

Additionally in my setup, I have a 550 PSU, Creative Sound Card (SB Audigy 2 Audio) Generic Mouse, keyboard. Network card is onboard the MoBo.

I'm basically asking, what's a good MoBo and Video card combination that I could get for a decent price, without the need to buy a whole new computer, which would likely cost more (If it doesn't I'm listening XD) and mean I'd have to replace parts I already have?

Thanks,
Franz

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom