Looking to upgrade from Radius range.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by BrotherMaestro, Feb 9, 2009.

1. BrotherMaestro

BrotherMaestro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Is there a general rule for speaker positioning against a wall?

Looking to upgrade from my Radius range starting with the front 2, I'm listening to more music these days through my Sonos system and am really missing good 2 channel stereo sound, I would say the split these days are 50/50 movies/music. My room size is 4.5m by 3.5m and will also be upgrading my amp to an Arcam AVR280 or 350.

Looking at floorstanders as standmounts are a bad idea with the kids running about, :rolleyes: scared that they will knock them off.
    Was thinking of the BR5's, RS5's or the RS6's, but what's the general census of these speakers in a room that size? And what space would they need to breathe to get the best out them?

Thanks,
    Bro.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hey Bro, you'd better be really really quick on an AVR280 or AVR350 if you want one. Almost everywhere out of stock if not everywhere already.

Dan.

3. BrotherMaestro

BrotherMaestro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good shout Dan, was going to purchase this after I got the speakers, but looking online a lot of the sites are out of stock compared to last week, plus there isn’t many now offering the 280 for sub £400.

The idea was to move myR225’s and R90’s into the back room then sell my Jamo’s, but I better work fast to raise some funds so will put up my Jamo A102’s and Sony amp for sale, should more or less cover my 280 purchase.