Looking to replace my iMac. ADVENT DA2207 any good?

themighty

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a iMac for a while, but I'm not the biggest OSX fan, so I've been mainly using Windows 7 on it with Bootcamp. I'm now looking into getting rid of the iMac and getting a new computer, and thought I should settle on a Windows PC. Any recommendations? I'm looking to spend about £650, and this ADVENT on PCWorld looks good. 1TB hard drive. 8GB RAM. Does anyone have it? I can't find any reviews or information anywhere. The ADVENT website informs me its a PC World and Currys exclusive.

ADVENT DA2207 23.6

Advent is the DSG own brand (DSG = Dixons Stores Group = PCWorld, Currys, Dixons, Pixmania etc.)

Which iMac are you upgrading from? If it's not one of the older 17" or 20" models then you may find the screen in a lot of the cheaper all-in-ones a bit of a downgrade.

I really would like to say that the pc you are looking at from PC world is worth buying, but unfortunately they like most other large technology retailers don't appear to be very up to date when it comes to specifications. You will avoid the danger of buying a PC that is a year out of date by looking at specific PC manufacturers advertised in computer magazines, and buying the best rated one for your price point.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom