Question Looking to get a decent stereo amp

T7BSY

Ex Member
Reaction score
I use a Arcam 300 Receiver to listen to my cd collection, and spotify, looking to improve the sound by getting a decent new or second integrated Amp, would this be the best way forward, or are there other options?

If you have a second system to your home cinema system a dedicated HI-FI amp will sound better than a AV amp in two channel sound. I can tell you the anthem MRX300 sounds dull compared to the MRX310 in stereo and the x10 models are a big improvement over the x00 anthems. This is down to a upgraded dacs in the X10's models. Between the two it's like night and day.

I have bought a Cambridge CXA60 since this post, i not tried it out yet as im moving today and tommorow, i have boxed the MRX300 up, and using the Arcam downstairs just to try it in stereo and tbh i thing it sounds a little better, but not using the same source so maybe unfair at this point, but both have been a step up from previously owed AV amps, this is only my seconded Stereo amp, only other i have owened was a Arcam 70, cant really remember what that sounded like tho :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom