1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy New Sony Cam

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by duncanmcewan, Apr 4, 2005.

1. duncanmcewan

duncanmcewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Canon 850 ... it has terrible motor noise on the tape, so it's off back to the shop :(

I'm going to purchase one of the new SOny's (hoping that there will be no motor / tape noise issues there). I was wondering if any of you experts ( :) ) can advise between the DCR-HC22, DCR-HC39 and DCR-HC42. I'm never going to make money from my camcorder, but would like some decent quality movies from family type occasions. Being able to archive back to tape would be a (maybe) useful feature, although I will burn most stuff onto DVD. I more of less know the specs of the models, but hopefully someone has used one (or all) or em and can pass judgement before I make another mistake :)

Thx,

Dunc.

2. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a phylosiphy (though not a dictionary :rolleyes: ) that it's always best to get the best specced (whatever) you can afford. A friend of mine has just brought the 42 (on my advice) and is happy with it. He only got it Saturday and I have spoke to him once since then so I can't give detailed feedback just yet.
    He ended up paying £440 for it on the high street. I had sent him an internet site of it for £420 with free case and tape, which he used for bargining and price matching (almost)
    Although it is only £407.85 here http://www.electrosaver.co.uk/product.asp?id=DCRHC42E :smashin:

3. duncanmcewan

duncanmcewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Brummy :)

I checked out Pricerunner and I can get an HC42 for about £395. I'm thinking about paying the extra dosh and getting it from the retailer I got my Canon from, cos they have a superb 30 day no quibble returns policy, which was invaluable in this case :) ... besides I managed to pressure them out of a nice bag and a 5 pack or DV tapes, so it doesn't seem so bad ;)

Dunc.