1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to buy new computer

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by lcarter, Jan 14, 2004.

1. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been searching to buy a new computer and have come across www.thepcmanuk.com which appear to have some good deals, anyone used them before and are they pukka?
    The machine I am interested in is Polaris Athlon XP2800+, 512MB DDR 333, 200GB Combi FX5200, CDRW/DVD Combi 52x24x52, DVD +/- RW, 128MB Gef fx5200, 56k Modem, Keyboard & Mouse, Basic Speakers, Windows XP Home, 1 Year on-site warranty, No monitor (already have a good one), all for £691.54 delivery is half price at moment as well £15. Regarding the DVD Rw-Writer they say it is either a Lite-on or BenQ, so if I knock that off it will be £90 cheaper, then I can use the Pioneer 106D. What do you all think?
    Your input would be gratefully appreciated
    :)

2. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you wan't a online company that's HIGHLY respected in the PC community, look no further than www.kustompcs.co.uk

They are an incredibly friendly bunch and their customer service is second to none. Take a look at their forums under Customer Feedback.

They'll be happy to talk through your needs and won't hesitate to advise on areas where you can cut costs without compromising on quality/performance.

Big A

3. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Txs Big A, will look at the site now

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,852
    It's worth looking at Mesh computers also.
    Mesh