Looking to buy infocus in83

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Whyzeman, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Whyzeman

Whyzeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy the IN83 at £4K. Can anyone recomend any other projectors I should be looking at in the price band that would be better quality ?

2. hifix

hifix
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,428
    I know it's cheaper, but it's worth viewing the Mitsubishi HC7000 as an alternative, which will allow you to put a little more into a quality screen if you don't have one already. We've had a few customers who have viewed alternative projectors in direct competition and a little more expensive, and have said the HC7000 is better in many ways.

Regards
    David

3. anibap

anibap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    I won't be able to tell about other PJs and how they compare.

I have seen the IN83 and If I had the money to afford, even today I would buy one. I demoed it in Sevenoaks, it was not setup well but even then I was blown away.

I settled for a IN80 which is IN83 but with a DC1 chip and I am exteremely happy with it. But from what I could recollect the IN83 definitely is better in terms of 3D feel, blacks and contrast.

I am happy that my IN80 comes with the same awesome Sharpness, wonderful OOB colours and amazing shadow detail just like the IN83 and hence I consider it as a great value for money PJ at 1/3rd the cost of an IN83. But as I said I would buy the IN83 if I have the money. May be I just like DLP...

Having said that, with £3-4K budget, there are many good projectors like the Mit HC7000, JVC HD350, Planar 8150, Sony VW80. Suggest demoing some of them if you can...

The IN83 and Planar can be demoed in any Sevenoaks.

4. Andrew K

Andrew K
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    I'd look at the Epson TW5800 as well.