Looking to buy an LED TV assistance required

m0rph

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking for some input here really I am after a new TV and have about 2500 to spend and need some help choosing, it needs to be about 50 - 55" I like the idea of a 3d LED as they are super thin I am planning on having on the wall so don't want it to stick out miles current favorites are LG 55LX9900 or maybe Samsung UE55D8000YU

Or perhaps someone can suggest something else, it's going to be used for a bit of TV watching BD's and a bit of gaming.

Have you considered a plasma? They have lower response time than LCD/LED's which making them really good for gaming.
The Panasonic VT30 will be out soon so maybe you could wait and then compare the VT30 with the TV's you have chosen now.

Have you considered a plasma? They have lower response time than LCD/LED's which making them really good for gaming.
The Panasonic VT30 will be out soon so maybe you could wait and then compare the VT30 with the TV's you have chosen now.

BIG +1 to that! plasma for those uses, the new sets are very slim and plasma is way better IMHO. For your budget you could get what may be the best set of 2011. I got the Panasonic V20 last year after viewing a lot of sets, both plasma and LCD, even with the niggles I've had no set could match it in 2010 and not many do/will in 2011. Def wait if you can and go compare.:)

thanks for responses guys, wow its only 5mm thicker than the led tv that's amazing for plasma I always thought they were quite a lot bigger than LED, have just been on the pioneer site, have they stopped doing plasmas ???? I was going to ask how they compared as father in law had a 42" pioneer and it look stunning, so would there not be anymore recommendations than the VT30 then ?

Have just seen vid on youtube and it looks pretty nice spec looks good too.

Now how about a wall bracket to hang the thing is there a nice really thin one that will keep it close to the wall ?

Pioneer stopped years ago but Panasonic now own the Kuro technology so the VT30 will the closest you'll get to the Kuro PQ until its cost effective to bring Kuro tech to Panasonic plasma's.

I have a GT30 one down from the VT30 and I love it, HD looks better than any LED I saw at Comet so I can only imagine the VT30 will be even better.

The slimmest bracket I could find was this one:-
http://www.m-formonline.co.uk/lcd-p...mounts/32-to-55-articulated-led-tv-wall-mount

I came across this site from the bracket section and the site owner is registered on this forum so I had it bookemarked.
You might not want to mount the Panasonic to close to a wall as they have fans on the back that push heat out.

damn that's a thin mount it says its max weight is slightly under the weight of the TV though this is going on a partition wall but has been made stronger than usual for this purpose and I am going to put extra noggins around the mounting point to take the weight. hopefully this will be alright.

ah heres another question actually didnt you used to have to get plasma's recharged ?? is that still the case

ah heres another question actually didnt you used to have to get plasma's recharged ?? is that still the case
Nope, Panasonic plasma's are the best in the business right now.
Panasonic Plasma's are just like any other TV..............
................expect better ;)

I have been waiting and waiting so long for someone to mention this:rotfl::smashin: NO!:D sorry not laughing at you mate its just a running joke on here;)

OK guys have been having a bit of a look around and I have found on the john lewis website a deal for just under 2000 for 50" GT30 a 3d blu-ray player and 5 year warranty, how does the GT30 compare to the 50"VT30 I have looked at Panasonic site and found the only diffs to be:

isf mode
service port
sound on gt30 is not quite so good
GT30 is wifi ready instead of included and its a tiny bit smaller

Products - Compare Products - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Anyone seen a GT30 or have any comments about this ???

Cheers very much.

The VT30 has a High Contrast Filter Pro which gives it a bit deeper blacks.

I have a GT30 and love it.

ok great sounds good I was asking because there is a john lewis deal for 50" GT30 with a 3D blu-ray player with 5 yr war on TV and 2yr war on BD player for just under 2000 so if there was not a lot of difference between them might get that

Well the VT30 isn't out yet unless you can see them being demo'd at your local Panasonic store.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom