Looking to buy a new RPTV

I am looking to buy a new RP TV and have, I think, narrowed it down to between the Toshiba 42WH36 and the Thomson 40KW613. I have read the reviews of the Toshiba model and the older 40KW611 on the Home Cinema Choice website and they both seem to have their problems. I notice though that though the Magazine has reviewed the 611 as a new model there in now the newer 613 model avaliable. Does anyone know what the differences are? Have they fixed the visual problems described in the magazine review?

What worries me about the Tosh is the apparent need to regularily set up the convergence. While I don't mind doing this on occasion I don't want to be doing it on a regular basis.

Anyway thanks for reading this and I would be grateful for any advice that could be offered. Also if anyone has an alternative model to consider please let me know.

Thanks

James

alexs2

Having had one of the last series of Toshiba RPTV's for a while now,I wouldn't say that the convergence has to be done very often,or at least no more than other RPTV's of the same type(i.e.CRT as opposed to LCD or DLP),and the picture quality has so far been excellent,and definitely much better than many of the cheaper plasmas.
The Toshiba service menu is easily accessed,and gives you the ability to do a much more thorough convergence than most RPTVs,with very good results,but not for the novice,and something i haven't found the need for.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom