Looking to buy a multi region all in one system...

darrenthebear

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to cut down on the number of boxes under the TV and it's starting to annoy me having to set up my US PS3 whenever I want to watch a US Blu, plus really want to hear DTSHDMA/True HD sounds.

I've got a budget of around £350-400, preferably I'd like a 3D system as I'll be upgrading my TV to a 3D set sometime in the new year.

An optical digital input is also a must so I can connect my Xbox 360/ Sky HD box to it.

Any suggestions? I've been looking at a few Panasonic systems on TPS, anyone ordered from these guys before/have any feedback on the systems? The BTT290EB in particular.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with Panasonic or Sony. Even the BTT490 would fall into your budget and the Sony N590.

I don't think I'd get any of those systems multi region for Blus and DVDs for £400.

The MR BTT290 is over £400 itself...

Thanks for the reply.

Oh, then go with the Panasonic BTT290.

Yeah, that's the one that caught my eye originally. Looking at Panasonic's website it does have pretty good specs/input and outputs and everying I want from it (MR, optical in)

If you haven't bought it yet, I saw RGB direct offer a free multiregion upgrade to all their Panasonic systems, maybe you could phone up?

The BTT490 falls within your budget then.

If you haven't bought it yet, I saw RGB direct offer a free multiregion upgrade to all their Panasonic systems, maybe you could phone up?

The BTT490 falls within your budget then.

Thanks, the only drawback is that it's only multiregion for DVDs, not Blu-rays :(

Thanks, the only drawback is that it's only multiregion for DVDs, not Blu-rays :(

That sucks, they should state it clearly, won't be buying from then as it's not really a upgrade as it'll play DVD's from all regions regardless of the "free upgrade".

Lol, I didn't click on the "Accessories" tab as I didn't think the description would be in that tab :facepalm:

I wouldn't buy from them now after seeing some of their reviews anyway and false advertising.

Haha, yeah. Blatant false advertising!

When I do eventually buy either the 490 or 590 it'll be from TPS, I know it's a few quid more but it's everything I want plus a 3 year warranty.

darrenthebear said:
Haha, yeah. Blatant false advertising!

When I do eventually buy either the 490 or 590 it'll be from TPS, I know it's a few quid more but it's everything I want plus a 3 year warranty.

I'd go for the BTT590, better speakers. That's what I ordered but due to a scratch on the sub, sent it back and now I've reordered.

Thanks for that you saved me stretching for the btt590; it was for this reason alone i was justifying the expense increase over the btt290.

youll laugh when you find out it was for ONE bluray that wasnt released in the uk and that bluray was: ....*ducks*.... Forward unto Dawn (halo 4).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom