Looking To Buy A 50" Plasma-Your Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by a4lloxo, May 3, 2007.

1. a4lloxo

a4lloxo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hello,ill be looking for a 50" plasma in a couple of months time.ive had a look at a few,but am unsure as what would be the best for me.I will be investing in some hi def hardware so id really like a 1080p ready screen.my budget is around £4000.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.thanks:thumbsup:

2. yoclick

yoclick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I am wondering where you have looked at potential screens and what they showed you?

£4,000 gets you into the league of the "Full HD" screens. Do you want / need one and will it be better than a really good "HD Ready" screen may be the question.

If you sit very close to your screen then the Full HD may well be the answer. If you don't, you won't see the difference.

If so, save on the screen, get the cheaper option properly set up, sit back and enjoy.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    As Piers said, Full HD from Panny with their commercial PF9, which may be replaced soon if like the PH9 being replaced in June with the PH10.
    Then there's the regular HD from Fujitsu - considered the absolute dogs danglies.
    Couple that with Pioneer's new 8G panels coming soon, Full and regular HD versions of 508 - is the hype warranted? Soon enough we'll be told by those attending the Italian soiree on the 8th.
    And by no means least, Panny consumer PZ700 unit.
    So if time is on your side, then you're going to have a wonderful headache (or four) trying out those beauties ranging from £2.2K (ish) - £3.5K (ish).

Get Piers to ISF calibrate it for you when you get it, and sit back and enjoy.

5. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237