Looking to buy a 32"-37" TV, main use Xbox 360 gaming, possibly 32AV635DB or TXP37X10

Standard Member
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 32"-37" TV and would be very grateful if you could offer some advice.

First off, here is what I would be using the TV for:
-Primarily Xbox 360 gaming, both offline and online, so input-lag is an important factor
-Occasional Freeview and DVDs
-No 1080p sources, so I'd like to stick to HD Ready TVs

Room brightness isn't an issue so I am open to both LCD and Plasma Technology.
Budget-wise I would like to stay under £400 but I can stretch to £500.

After doing my research and reading other threads/reviews, I have narrowed it down to the following two TVs and what I see as their strengths and weaknesses based upon what I have read.

Toshiba 32AV635DB
Pros:
-Low price
-Good connectivity
-Good with Freeview according to reviews
Cons:
-PQ isn't the best
-Couldn't find any conclusive information about gaming performance/input-lag

Panasonic TXP37X10
Pros:
-All-around great TV for the money
-Handles motion very well
Cons:
-Might not be the best choice for long gaming sessions due to burn-in risk (I need your opinions regarding this point)?

Here are some questions I was hoping you might be able to answer:
-Seeing as the main use for the TV will be gaming, how high will the burn-in risk be with the Panasonic (provided I don't abuse it and follow the guide-lines for the first 200 hours etc.)? I have read that Panasonics are quite resistant to burn-in, but I would appreciate your opinions on this as it is the only concern holding me back regarding this TV.
-Does the Panasonic have an optical audio output?

-How well does the Toshiba handle games? Does it have any input-lag problems?
-Does the Toshiba have an optical audio output?

I am also open to any other HD Ready TV suggestions! Sorry about the lengthy post and thanks in advance for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom