• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking to buy a 19"-21" LCD DVD combi with Freeview

Hillsman

Established Member
As the title says...

For my daughters birthday. Got a budget of around £200 but could possibly go slightly higher. Want a reliable dvd player and good freeview picture.

Any advice welcome :thumbsup:

Ben

Prominent Member
I'd recommend the 19" LG M198WDP for £154, which leaves you £46 to find a decent (upscaling-?) DVD player :thumbsup:

If you're determined to have the DVD player integrated, then have a look at the 19" Toshiba Regza DV Series available in black or white for £242.50 from HCS Direct or Multizone AV :)

Hillsman

Established Member
I'd recommend the 19" LG M198WDP for £154, which leaves you £46 to find a decent (upscaling-?) DVD player :thumbsup:

If you're determined to have the DVD player integrated, then have a look at the 19" Toshiba Regza DV Series available in black or white for £242.50 from HCS Direct or Multizone AV :)

Thanks for that, ideally she wants a combi but the LG is certainly an option but does it have built in freeview, im not sure it does?

Last edited:

Ben

Prominent Member
Thanks for that, ideally she wants a combi but the LG is certainly an option but does it have built in freeview, im not sure it does?
Just click on either of the links I posted above, scroll down to "Features" and you'll see the Digital Tick & explanation: "Allows a TV to receive free-to-view digital broadcasts through its standard aerial with no need for an additional digital decoder box" :smashin:

Flimber

Distinguished Member
This is not going to be an uncommon quest over the next couple of months ;) Maybe we needs a sticky :confused:

Hillsman

Established Member
Just click on either of the links I posted above, scroll down to "Features" and you'll see the Digital Tick & explanation: "Allows a TV to receive free-to-view digital broadcasts through its standard aerial with no need for an additional digital decoder box" :smashin:

Excellent, cheers buddy :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom