• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking to buy a 1080p TV, £850 maximum spend

Shaolyen

Standard Member
While I've got £850 to spend, I'd rather not spend all of it unless I need to. ;) That said, I'd rather spend £850 on an exceptional TV than £650 on a very good one.

Here's a rundown of what I need:
- Primarily for gaming and movies
- 1080p
- 37-50"
- At least 3 HDMI ports
- 24 fps support

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

pixel8

:confused:thot their was gaming lag with that set?

pixel8

Panasonic TX-P42G10.
Minimal gaming lag, great blacks, contrast and motion handling. around £750.

Advice plz....:rolleyes:
My Samsung LE40B550 is being replaced next week for another - Backlight bleed issue. Now, do you think that JL would replace this tv with a TXP42 instead of a B550...It might be the virgin source but i aint impressed with the picture on the Samsung - especially SD.
Main uses are PS3 gaming, SD Tv and Bluray/DVD movies in that order with a vewing distance of 10 ft :)

rewerb

Advice plz....:rolleyes:
My Samsung LE40B550 is being replaced next week for another - Backlight bleed issue. Now, do you think that JL would replace this tv with a TXP42 instead of a B550...It might be the virgin source but i aint impressed with the picture on the Samsung - especially SD.
Main uses are PS3 gaming, SD Tv and Bluray/DVD movies in that order with a vewing distance of 10 ft :)
JL will always replace your TV with a different one, they might require an extra payment though.

pixel8

...so for my uses do you think the panny would do the job?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom