Looking to buy 37 inch Plasma, £600ish budget...

Clatters

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey i come here looking for some good advice :)

I'm currently looking to upgrade my old 32 inch sammy lcd to something a bit newer and with 1080p (current is only 720p).

I have a budget of roughly £500-£600.

I'm looking for a TV that is ideally good at playing both xbox 360/PS3 games and for watching Blu-ray films.

From what i've read up so far, it would seem that a Plasma would be the way to go for the reduced input lag, is this correct?

Therefore what i would be looking for would be a 37 inch Plasma, if my budget is too low for this then i could maybe squeeze a few extra £ out.

Thankyou for any advise you can give me...

There is no 1080p 37" plasma, only 720p (the Panasonic 37X20, under £400). If you want 37" and 1080p, it has to be LCD

Ah ok thanks, didn't know that.

Is 720p good enough at 37 inch?

If not then i can always go for a 42 inch tho at £600 ish i might be over extending myself looking for something decent at that size for that price.

Ah ok thanks, didn't know that.

Is 720p good enough at 37 inch?

If not then i can always go for a 42 inch tho at £600 ish i might be over extending myself looking for something decent at that size for that price.

At 42" and 1080p plasma the only models are from Panasonic,the S20 is within your budget and the G20 from some suppliers.

Regards Martin

Ok thankyou, would it be worth spending a bit of extra money for something better, or will those models do what i want?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom