Looking to add on to my Vista 20P (or a new system?)

Dm88

Novice Member
Reaction score
Over 10 years ago, I installed a Vista 20P panel in my house and connected 3 wired and 1 wireless sensor to the exterior doors just to get the system up and running. I have an interior and exterior siren and an Eyezon module to monitor it. Here we are 10 years later and I have not done anything to it
smile.gif
I have a friend that recently gotten broken into (he has a monitored system and motion and glass break sensors everywhere) and someone still broke in and quickly took a few things but it got me thinking that I should make my system more thorough. Obviously, I should get some motion or glass break sensors. Do you get false alarms with them at all? We don't have a dog at the moment but plan to get one in the next year or so. Should sensors be put on all of the windows as well, or do people usually just break them? I don't really want to tear up any walls or anything but since I have one wireless door sensor, I guess wireless would be the way to go. I have a 6150RF keypad as my wireless receiver. Anything else? I should probably get this monitored as well. If adding on to the Vista 20P is the best solution then great, but if you see a better way that involves a new system, I may be open to that as well. I have included a diagram of my floor plan in case someone wants to suggest where to put sensors or anything.

On the main floor, I have a senor on the front door and those two sliders which go out to a deck. The windows in the two bedrooms and living room at the top of the diagram are at a second story level so they don't need anything but they other 9 windows are at grade level, as are the 4 in the basement. The basement has a wireless door sensor on that door that goes out to the patio. I appreciate any suggestions.

House diagram.jpg

Unfortunately if someone wants to break in they will. You just have to make it more unappealing for them. Alarms will make a noise but you have to think differently sometimes.

Getting a dog will make the biggest difference, but in the meantime you could look to maybe inhibit any perps progress once inside. Fogger systems are starting to make it into residential properties. The main players are quite expensive however systems like FlogBloc (no affiliation) are fairly new to the market and offer a cheaper solution.

Fabien

I do actually plan to get a dog soon so that will be a good addition. But I am just talking in general how to make my system a little more effective. I know nothing will keep anyone out but the way I have it now, if someone doesn't go in a door, they can stay inside as long as they want!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom