Looking new telly

dlemon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, any views or info, Im in the market for a new telly, I currently have a Panny 42pz, but Im looking at the new Samsung LED 46ue d8000 or 7000, but reading on what hifi, those guys said go for the Panny 46 plasma gt 30, the panny is a bit cheaper, but the samsung is a nicer looking panel, (got to please the wife), is there much difference between the 2 formats, just looking at them in the shop the samsung looks a better picture, im totally confussed, is it just a case of personal preference, can you give me any help be it good or bad.
THANKS

dlemon said:
Hello guys, any views or info, Im in the market for a new telly, I currently have a Panny 42pz, but Im looking at the new Samsung LED 46ue d8000 or 7000, but reading on what hifi, those guys said go for the Panny 46 plasma gt 30, the panny is a bit cheaper, but the samsung is a nicer looking panel, (got to please the wife), is there much difference between the 2 formats, just looking at them in the shop the samsung looks a better picture, im totally confussed, is it just a case of personal preference, can you give me any help be it good or bad.
THANKS

There are reviews of all 3 in the review section and owners feedback in the plasma, lcd and 3d forums. Each has strengths and weaknesses in equal measure. I think the 2 samsungs are almost the same other than aesthetics.

There is a big difference between LED LCD and Plasma. My own personal choice would be the Panasonic Plasma. It will look worse in the shop due to the strong store lighting, but Plasma has these advantages:

* totally uniform screen. The LED LCDs tend to have inconsistent brightness across the panel, brighter at the edges of the screen.

* No viewing angle limitations, the picture looks the same from the sides as it does at 0 degrees/face on. For larger screens, this becomes an issue.

The LED LCDs have lessened power consumption, but not by far.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom