• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking into the big wide world.

markie g

Distinguished Member
So here's my entry this month. It's a danboard which i've had a few months, but never really got him out the box. He is about 6cm high (give or take a few cm). Had a few miserable days here, so thought i'd make the most of it and do a dark gloomy feel.

Untitled by mark godley, on Flickr

shotokan101

Banned
Sorry Mark - not working for me...

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Haha I like it, but of fun. Clever processing too, how'd you do it?

markie g

Distinguished Member
Haha I like it, but of fun. Clever processing too, how'd you do it?
Conservatory window, with a hand mister on the window. Had to manual focus as my auto focus didn't like the low light, combined with the side angle of the window and the strong reflections.

PP - just lowered the highlights to dull down the reflection slightly, noise reduction, touch of clarity, raised shadows, touch of vignette - think that was it.

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Conservatory window, with a hand mister on the window. Had to manual focus as my auto focus didn't like the low light, combined with the side angle of the window and the strong reflections.

PP - just lowered the highlights to dull down the reflection slightly, noise reduction, touch of clarity, raised shadows, touch of vignette - think that was it.
Cool. I thought you'd done a composite overlay tbh, didn't realise the effect was SOOC so to speak :smashin:

Marika

Prominent Member
I like Danbo. Thought it's already forgotten though, seems it's not :) Nice shot, eerie and atmospheric. Well done.

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Well, danboard is a new one on me! Like it though, nowt wrong with a bit of fun photography.

rancidpunk

In Memoriam
Where've you been hiding? ;) :p

I must have had my attention drawn by the buses instead!

I've only been on Flickr for just over 18 months so I guess it's popularity had maybe waned a little by then.

shotokan101

Banned
...easy enough to mistake it for a Lego Figure... :devil:

shotokan101

Banned
...I was trying to let him down lightly ;)

newbie1

Distinguished Member
Mark I like it, clever idea with the window too :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom