Question Looking for : Wired 2 zone speakers with smartphone control - musiccast a good option?

dkdk

Novice Member
Hi everyone

Happy new year.

I've been researching this for a while now and I want to be sure I'm on the right track.

We have a new home where we had some speaker wires installed for in ceiling/in wall speaker installation during construction. We'll have two zones with two speakers each, 1 zone inside in the kitchen and 1 outside. The amp will be in the basement next to the wifi router. Having the possibility of adding other wireless zones as time passes would be a nice plus but not a requirement.

I'm looking for a system I'll be able to control with our phones. The great majority of what we'll be playing will also come from our phones through wifi (ex: spotify).

My research led me to Yamaha musiccast receivers which would seem to do what I require, however I can't find whether the musiccast app is able to switch between wired speaker zones within the app or not. I've seen references to wired cat5 speakers working but not to controlling physical wired speaker zones at the receiver level within the app.

Could anyone confirm the musiccast app would be able to switch between wired zones on top of any possible future wireless zones we might want to add in the future?

Otherwise, would there be another way to achieve what we wish (smartphone switching between wired speaker zones as well as wifi playback from our phones) ?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom