Looking for VCR with Videoplus

Hanzo the Razor

Sorry meant VCR in the title.

My Grandparents current VCR is on its way out. I'm having real problems finding a new one for them. They would preferably like one with Videoplus as they are used to using it but I'm struggling to find one anywhere. Around the £50 mark would suit fine.

I've tried mentioning a DVD recorder but they're not convinced that they could work one. Though if I can't get a VCR they may have to.

PVRs and digital DVD recorders are out of the question as we (still:rolleyes:) can't get Freeview in our area.

Any suggestions?

Palladio

My Panasonic VCR with Video+ is now redundant as have just purchased combined VHS/DVD Recorder.
£30 if it's any good to you and you're in this part of the country. (SE Essex)

raysablade

Standard Member
Richer sounds may still do DVD VCR combis. We got my mother in law a Panasonic NVVP33 a few months ago it has Videoplus.

Knox

A combo machine may be a good choice
Then your grandparents can use the VHS function and could hire some fantastic movies on DVD too !
I'm sympathetic since I am probably the same generation as your grandparents !

drzeus_gr

Standard Member
There are a few of the Panasonic VCR's about on ebay and elsewhere (I am looking for one for parts) of the NVFJ series - the 730 has Videoplus (which I unfortunately could never use as we don't have it here in Greece) so I imagine their other models have it too. Prob difficult to find one in a shop these days though.

mk-donald

Found you one!
It's a VCR with Video Plus AND a DVD player in it too!

https://www.medionshop.co.uk/

Then in the left margin list of areas go
- ELECTRONICS
- DVD & Home Cinema

Should be two products listed with second one:
DVD/VCR Combi Player MD80975
£49.95 + shipping which used to be c£5

Medion are the German PC/Electronics seller which supply many UK supermarkets with their computers/electronics - eg Aldi/PCWorld/Sainsburys/etc.

If you look in their refurbished section (bottom of that menu on the left) you can get one for £10 less BUT with only a 90 day warranty as opposed to 12 months for the new item above.

Enjoy :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom