Looking for the ideal TV card

H

hannanp

Hi

I'm looking for a TV card that meets the following criteria

Windows MCE certified
DVB-T compatible (do I use my Sky sat dish lead?) to allow freeview
Analogue input, from Video/camcorder - guess this could be s-video?
Hardware mpeg2

Can anyone recommend an ideal card? I've looked at Hauppauge, however their cards with hardware mpeg2, don't support freeview. I've also looked at Pinacle which do a dual card (digital/analogue), however their card does,'t support hardware mpeg2

On a slightly diifernet note, is it possible to read my sky card within the pc and add access to sky rather than just freeview??

Any ideas?

Thanks

DVB-T works through your normal aerial, if you have one. You can't use your downlead or Sky card with a PC. The only way to use this is to get an analogue card like the Hauppuage MCE150 that will take the Sky Box output and do the mpeg conversion in hardware.

You also can't mix TV formats on the same MCE it must be either Analogue, Freeview, Sky or cable.

Inputting camcorder footage is a major shortcoming of MCE. Although the analogue cards are capable of doing this MCE takes exclusive use of the card in order to do tv recording and so you need to reconfigure the TV input each time you want to record your camcorder footage. Best way is to add a dedicated capture card for the camcorder footage outside of MCE and use a Freeview card (or two) for TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom