Looking for the best speaker + good earphones?

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by PaulMcGee, Feb 21, 2014.

1. PaulMcGee

PaulMcGee
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking at getting a nice speaker for some time now. I would like one that would be easy for me to take from my house to a friend's. Been looking at the B&W Zeppelin Air. What's everyone's thoughts on that speaker? Are there any other better ones? Bearing in mind I would only like to spend about £350 on one. I am also looking at getting a nice pair of earphones but don't want to spend any more than £100. I bought the Soundmagic E10s a couple of weeks back but I just don't think they're loud enough, would like a nice, loud pair of earphones. Another thing I noticed is that when I plug earphones into my Samsung Galaxy S4, they are quieter at full volume than when I plug them into my iPod 4th generation. Any idea why this is?

Many thanks,

Paul

2. dogfonos

dogfonos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    Taking the speaker part only...

To recap, you want:

A nice speaker that's transportable and costs £350 or less?

The speaker you've mentioned (B&W Zeppelin Air) has many features that you haven't asked for - including built-in amplification. Are there features you require other than 'nice, transportable and costs £350 or less?' Otherwise, I suspect most folks on this forum will suggest the best sounding small non-amplified (passive)stereo speakers for your budget and I don't think this is what you really want, is it?

3. PaulMcGee

PaulMcGee
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, the kind of speaker I want is a bass heavy one. I want a loud, good quality transportable speaker with the bluetooth capability so I can connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 to it. The B&W Zeppelin Air does look good, however just wondering if anyone has a review on it? How about getting the Bose Soundlink III? What are people's thoughts as to what I should go for? Thank you.

4. dogfonos

dogfonos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    OK, I have more of an idea what you're after. You want bluetooth connectivity which, according to most reports I've seen, doesn't as yet give great audio quality - it's an improving technology though. However, until bluetooth matches the quality of a wired connection, these products won't interest me and I know little about them so I'm afraid, I'm out.

Quite a few reviews of these sort of speakers but they may not all have the features you want so read the small print carefully.
    Dock systems | whathifi.com
    Best iPod and iPhone speaker dock: 24 tested | News | TechRadar
    iPod and iPhone speaker dock reviews | iPod and iPhone speaker dock deals, ratings, user reviews and prices - PC Advisor

5. PaulMcGee

PaulMcGee
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thankings sir