Looking for the best 55" TV on a £900 budget

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by MajorTomG, Jul 9, 2015.

1. MajorTomG

MajorTomG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm on the market for a new TV and looking to get the best I can for up to £900. I'm after a 55" set that's good in low light with decent viewing angles. I'm not concerned with the quality of Smart features, 3D, sound or design. I just want the best 2D picture I can get. Anything else is a bonus.

What do you reckon? If there are any specific deals, I'm all ears!

2. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    Hi that's a good budget you have there. After a quick look on Richersounds website there's a few well within your budget. There's a Sony 55" smart TV for £649, I know you said your not interested in 3D or smart but pretty much all of the half decent bigger screened TVs will be smart and/or 3D, the Sony I've linked down below has both(click on the Richersounds coloured text). It's a good choice because Sony have to be one of the best TVs for picture quality, and if you look at all the customer reviews on the site you can certainly see there's a lot of happy people. It has 4 HDMI sockets aswell, plenty of scope for connecting all your equipment to it.
    Richer Sounds
    Buy from either Richersounds or John Lewis because they both offer 5/6 years free guarantee, elsewhere you'd be looking at an extra £200-300 for that!

3. MajorTomG

MajorTomG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice BM08. Looks like I might have a bit of change left over! I've been tempted by a refurb deal that I saw on hotukdeals for a Bravia 4K. Is this worth waiting around for or is it a risk? I imagine it's a pretty nice TV for under a grand and for an extra tenner you can get it direct from Sony.

4. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I wouldnt buy anything thats been refurbed, would much rather get brand new, but thats just me!

The 4k one looks good for under £900 but you have to ask yourself will you actually be watching any 4K content now or in the near future? at the moment i think netflix is the only place you can get 4k viewing. But of course the amount of 4k content will change in the next year or 2 no dout and be more widely available, so its up to you. If i had the money i would get the 4k one so that i didnt have to buy a new one in 2-3 years(or however long it is before 4k is the norm).

If you dont need anything else to go with the tv like a soundbar or amps/speakers etc then id get the 4K tv, if you want some cash left over for other things get the normal 1080p HD Sony tv, you would be extremely happy with either id imagine.