1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Tank Level meter

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by akax, Feb 3, 2005.

1. akax

akax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The oil tank for the central heating in my house is installed on the roof. A refill pipe is coming down from the roof so that the tank can be refilled.

Since there is no easy access on the roof, I will a device which can read the oil level in the tank and alert me when this is at low level and also indicate when the tank is full (during refill process).

Does anyone have such a device or knows where to find it?

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    You could try Endress & Hauser, their equipment maybe over the top for your needs or maybe just what you require.

Endress and Hauser Ltd
    Floats Road
    Wythenshawe
    M23 9NF(Road Map)
    Lancashire

Tel: 0161 286 5000
    Fax: 0161 998 1841

info@uk.endress.com
    http://www.uk.endress.com

They are OEM for all sorts measuring devices including tank level monitoring.

S.

P.S. I'm in no way connected to them, I just use their equipment in my profession.

3. rectorydp

rectorydp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The most common device is the Oil Watchman from Sensor Systems (www.sensor-systems.com) which does exactly what you want. I don't have one because they seem unwilling to open up their device for integration with other devices (which is what I want). They are also not very open about pricing! However, I believe they work well enough and are integrated with many new tanks.

BR
    David

4. CiaraKnollands

CiaraKnollands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alternatively, worth taking a look at the Apollo. Similar to a Watchman, but in my experience more reliable.

On the basis that one good turn deserves another.... iss anyone aware of a leak detection system for standard (i.e. unbunded) oil tanks? ;)

Ciara

5. SineadKernaghan

SineadKernaghan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I'd recommend an Apollo over a Watchman - as the latter seems to eat batteries like they're going out of fashion.

As for your bund alarm Ciara - you can find what you're looking for on the same site as you found your Apollo.... http://www.tankdepot.co.uk/shop/6_112_0/accessories/cts_bund_warning_alarm/index.html and http://www.tankdepot.co.uk/shop/6_113_0/accessories/fozmula_economy_bund_warning_alarm/index.html Unfortunately, they don't show any piccies of either though :(

Take care

Sinead