Looking for suggestions!Since i purchased my

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by AV Monkey, Feb 8, 2009.

1. AV Monkey

AV Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Since i purchased my squeezebox ive really been getting into my music. I started listening to kings of leon the latest two albums. Then purchased the first two and love them. These are about the only albums i have been listening to lately and want something new. Any recommendations i might try?
    I also like snow patrol and chilli peppers. Also a bit of arctic monkeys sometimes some alphabeat. I also like some system of a down. Duffy when im in a quiet mood. So you can see i have a fairly diverse ear.

2. mentalpen

mentalpen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    You should check out the rifles new album "the great escape" its awesome.

Try and chech their old album aswell " No Love Lost" although its quite hard to come by its an excelent album aswell.

Some others worth checking out

The long blondes
    We are scientists
    Queens of the stone age
    The afghan whigs
    Bromhead jackets
    Harrisons
    The Paddingtons
    The Subways

Probot
    Kyuss are another band but most of there albums are hard to come by.
    Desert sessions.

Most of these have vids on youtube so thats probally a good place to start, to see if you like them or not.

3. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Because you are looking without any particular idea I would suggest trying The All Music Guide to do a bit of research. You can feed in various artists you like and it gives details of similar artists and related artists.

Just taking SOAD as a starting point would put you onto Metallica (try Master of Puppets or the Black Album), Janes addiction (Ritual de Lo Habitual), Faith No More (Angel Dust), Helmet (Meantime),Tool (Lateralus/Aenima), Deftones (White Pony), Machine Head(Burn My Eyes), Slayer (South of Heaven), Rage Against The Machine (Self titled).

Arctic Monkeys then try The Strokes(Is This it), or The Clash (London Calling).

Snow Patrol.........a sheer myriad of Tripe :rolleyes:. The best of which is probably Coldplay and the most honest would be Travis.

Knowing your tastes I would point you rapidly towards Muse-Black Holes and Revelations, Elbow-The Seldom Seen Kid.

4. AV Monkey

AV Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks for your offerings there guys. I will do some cut and pasting those band names in the search and see if i can come up with a new addition to my small collection.:smashin:
    "You can feed in various artists you like and it gives details of similar artists and related artists" Where on the site can i find this tool please?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  5. mentalpen

mentalpen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Itunes has a thing called "genius" which is pretty good.

6. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Just enter in the search box and a partial biography will appear. If you scroll down you will see lists of similar and associated artists. If you click on more in the partial biography it no longer shows the list.