1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Sub help

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Krance, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Krance

Krance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to anyone who has nice advice...

I have a setup that I consider to be well balanced, good for movies, fairly good for music, nice on SACD too

What I am missing is a sub and I know nothing about this other than it was not a good idea to buy the matching one from my speakers as I know better is possible for the same money.

I have a living room corner, 5 x 6 that opens out into a larger room (if you get what I mean, the cinema kit is in a side bit of the living room)

Kit so far is Yamaha 2400RDS receiver, Denon 3910 DVD, AE Aelite speakers (3 for fronts, 1's for rears and a center). This sounds really nice but using the Aelite 3's for bass just doesn't quite cut it in the movie world (good bass but very hmmmm)

So, Now I want a nice Sub to match, mainly for Movies.. some SACD and probably never with music. I have read around and was thinking of the Rel Stampede, this is a nice price for me and I like the cherry but that's the only idea I have so far....

Oh yeah, it needs to go in the corner as my other half hates the amount of boxes already... although she lives with it because of the sound ;-)

Any ideas on a better sub for roughly 500 quid or less?

2. Krance

Krance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the downward firing BK XLS200? Is it as good as it looks?

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Not only is it as good as it looks, it's looks as good as it is! ;)

Personally speaking I like the look of the forward facing one even better, but understand that practicalities mean the DF will be a popular choice...PJ