Looking for something to replace my Panasonic Plasma for about £500

colinb07958

Hi

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV and I love it but its about 7 years old and when I bought it was an old model.

The challenge is getting a picture that the Plasma can provide.

I am happy downsizing the TV slightly but that is not a huge factor. I am not bothered about the Smart features etc.

I would have my PS4 and SKY Box plugged in. I mainly watch TV and Blu Rays with the occasional playing games. There could potentially be a lot of reflections in the room too, I think my current plasma has a kind of Matt finish that limits the reflections.

The maximum budget is £500 or so.

Any suggestions would be great especially for people that have gone from Plasma to a new TV.

Cheers
Colin

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
I made pretty much the same switch last week - from a 2008 Panasonic 42" PZ80 plasma, after it started to get increasingly bad attacks of red sparkles.

I went for the Samsung UE48H6400 - £499 from Richer Sounds with 6 year guarantee. It's only marginally larger than the Panasonic set because the bezel is so much smaller and I've been very happy with the picture quality. It compares very favourably with the plasma.

colinb07958

Cheers Mate. My Panny is 42" so I am tempted with the 40" version of the Samsung. I would love the 48" but am going to have trouble with speaker placement either side of the TV

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
It's really only 4cm wider than the 42" set it replaced. It went in exactly the same spot as the old one, so if your speakers fit next to the TV at present, they should fit next to the 48".

I can't help but think that the 40" will look a lot smaller than what you've got.....

colinb07958

Cheers. I have seen a few comments regarding lip sync issues. Have you noticed anything. Also on the plasma its like a Matt finish. Is the Samsung very reflective in comparison?

RMCF

Distinguished Member
fyi, just installed my new 43W807C from Sony, and it is a fantastic telly.

Sando72

Novice Member
I too have this dilema. I have a Panasonic 3D plasma TV and it's fantastic I've just tried a Samsung hd led and it was utter garbage very stutters viewing when watching football every tv I've had a look has poor reviews..that's the Panasonic 4K tv. Sony android 4K tv and most samsungs have poor reviews...most of my to I watch is standard definition and most of these 4K tv are very poor to view it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom