• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking For Something Similar to Onkyo HTX-22HDX

moz414

Established Member
I have been looking at the Onkyo HTX-22HDX but supply seems to be very short with the places I've spoken to quoting Sep for the next batch.

Is there anything similar to the Onkyo out now? I want to buy a blu-ray player to add to my SkyHD and HTPC which will be connected to my Panasonic 42" plasma. I'd either like a 2.1 or 3.1 system as surround sound is no longer of any use to me.

Cheers.

scrowe

Distinguished Member
There are 2 or 3 systems on the Richer Sounds website, 2.1 and 3.1 Blu-Ray systems from Samsung, LG and Pioneer

matttr6

Established Member
What about the older Onkyo HTX?? Think theres a couple of refurbs on ebay. I got one from there a few months ago (seller was Hyperfi), and have had no problems.

Just a shame you can't get the sks speakers anymore. Like you, I'm waiting for the new speaker add on to be available (although I only want a centre so may look elsewhere)

moz414

Established Member
What about the older Onkyo HTX?? Think theres a couple of refurbs on ebay. I got one from there a few months ago (seller was Hyperfi), and have had no problems.

Just a shame you can't get the sks speakers anymore. Like you, I'm waiting for the new speaker add on to be available (although I only want a centre so may look elsewhere)

I did think about getting a refurb one off ebay but then I've read about the buzzing problems so that's kinda put me off a bit. I also only want the center speaker. Think I'm just going to have a look round and see what my other otions are before I jump in and buy.

solid

Established Member
Must say the pioneer htp-600 is tempting considering the speakers you get with it for the same price and the forthcoming hdx from onkyo.

Just shame there are not alot of reviews for it or people who seem to have much good to say about it otherwise i would order right now from rs.

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Must say the pioneer htp-600 is tempting considering the speakers you get with it for the same price and the forthcoming hdx from onkyo.

Just shame there are not alot of reviews for it or people who seem to have much good to say about it otherwise i would order right now from rs.

I think the reviews you look at need to be taken into context of the RRP when released, there's nothing wrong with it, but they said you could and should get better for the price, £500-£600 was expensive, but it's around half now.

I'm very happy with it, albeit annoyed I paid £55 more than what you can get it for now, just 2 weeks ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom