Question Looking for something below 500€, < 50"

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Readler, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Readler

Readler
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, I just got a PS4 Pro last week and it simply isn't fun on my old 32" FullHD from Samsung.

So I'm looking at a bigger upgrade to UHD. Since I'm not too flush with cash, I was looking to pay less than 500€ (Germany here, not UK). I know that right now's probably the worst time to buy, but I don't want to wait for Black Friday or next year.

1. What are your sources going to be? eg - Do you have fibre internet capable of UHD streams? Will you be buying and using an UHD Blu-Ray player? Netflix? Amazon? Catch up TV? HDR consoles? PC?
      Mostly UHD streams (Netflix and Amazon) as well as my PS4 Pro. Too broke for UHD Blu Rays.
    2. SD vs HD vs UHD use percentage? eg 20% 60% 20%
      I guess 0-30-70.
    3. Movies, sport, console games, PC use (in percentage)?
      40-0-60
    4. How close can you view the TV?
      About 2m
    5. Do you need to view the TV from the side or only straight on?
      Only straight on.
    6. What conditions do you like to view in? During the day? At night with lights on? In the dark?
      Mostly in the dark as I'll close my blinds during usage.
    7. What are you currently using and what do you expect by upgrading to a new TV?
      A Samsung 32" FullHD TV I bought 7 years ago. Didn't use it much as it wasn't as SmartTV (so watching streams was a hassle).
    8. Are you interested in being able to use motion enhancements on your TV to reduce judder and/or reduce motion blur? Both frame interpolation and frame insertion let you do this, read more about it here. They both have their upsides and downsides, so read carefully.
      Don't think that I'm interested.
    My main concern is picture quality. I don't care about sound (I've got speakers) or about software (as I'll probably use my PS4 and its apps). I am, however, aware that I can't get the best stuff considering my budget. HDR would be cool, too, though that does appear unfeasible for that price. Although I have read that HDR for games is a lot "easier" than for movies. Or something. I don't know.
    Personally I'm eyeing the Hisense H50U7A right now as it seems to be ticking all the right boxes and can be had for 580€ already (guess that'll drop in a few weeks). Reviews seem very positive all in all and better than comparable Samsung in that price range/class.
    Other candidates are the TCL U49C7006 and the Philips 50PUS6262, though those seem a lot worse actually. I also like the Philips 43PUS7303 and don't mind reduced size. I'm happy with anything between 40" and 50" really.

Well, that got a lot longer than anticipated. Cheers for everyone who's read it all.

2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +809
    What prices are these ones, if still available :

• Panasonic Ex700 50”
    • Samsung 49MU7000

3. Angelo M

Angelo M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    The 50U7A seems to have an input lag not so low for gaming.

Consider, with your budget, the new 43UK6300

LG 43UK6300LLB LED TV (Flat, 43 Zoll, UHD 4K, SMART TV, webOS)

or the new 43UK6470.

LG 43UK6470PLC LED TV (Flat, 43 Zoll, UHD 4K, SMART TV, webOS)

Both should have low input lag.

Tchuss. :)

Angelo

4. Readler

Readler
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Confusingly enough we have several Panasonic EXW700 series (EXW724, 734, 784), with the the former costing around 900€ and fairly new and the latter not even being released.

And yes! I would love to get the MU7009, but it's still around 800€ sadly, which is not a lot less than the newer MU8009, dang it!

Dankeschön! :)

Input lag shouldn't be too much of a problem as it is, from what I've read, still below 50ms (one website reported 32ms, one user on amazon said 22ms in gaming mode, while displayspecs says 50ms) and I'm not too sensitive to it.

So far I've tried to avoid LG for their IPS, which really is a shame, as they're otherwise pretty damn good.

5. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,037
    Pricing may well be different, here for example the Panasonic 50EX700 and especially the Hisense 50N6800 are a good €150 cheaper than the Hisense 50U7A.

If the new U7A is the cheapest, it's the one to go for. If the N6800 is quite cheaper then it's basically equal to the U7A but a year older.

Pricing on 55" can sometimes be better than 50" and choice is better too. The Hisense U7A at 55" uses a faster panel and can cost only a little more than the 50" version.

Like many people though your viewing distance is quite far, to benefit from UHD. You ideally want a 65" TV at 2m away. Otherwise you may prefer gaming at FHD anyway, especially in titles capped at 30hz at UHD resolution.

6. Readler

Readler
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The N6800 is actually a tad more expensive than the U7A around here and our Panasonics seem to be vastly overpriced compared to yours. Last year's Philips are competively priced, though.

As for 55" vs. 50" - I'm fine with both, I just went with 50" as it's cheaper.
    Personally I'm fine with the size. My parents have a 55" Samsung, which still looks stunning from 3m away and noticably better with native UHD content compared to HD, so I'd like to go the UHD route as well.
    I'm due for an upgrade anyway - my 32" is even smaller! :D