looking for someone to show me how to connect tsu9400 to tfx9600

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MSW, Jan 20, 2008.

1. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Assume this would need to be a home visit. Have tried

1) Configuration via router (extender switch in position 3 using discovery tool

2) Config via cross cable (extender switch in position 2 using discovery tool and inputing IP address into browser)

3) Using fixed IP rather than DHCP - (Did get very confused here as to which IP address I type in under the "Extenders" tab via System properties and, which one under the "Wireless Tab" and same again on the web page config tool.

4) Changing SSID to "None",

Basically I tried everything under the sun.

Possible other info:

I use SKY Broadband - This does not appear to have a "HEX" encryption code, so, I enter the code I have into the "Passphrase" option

I am using a US model TSU9400 and RFX9600.

Tell you what the why I feel it would make a whole lot better (well almost) if it turned out that I can use US RFX9600 and need to spend £400 on the UK model.

Can anybody pass on some details of someone who can help. I am located in the Halifax, West Yorkshire. Aprrox 30 mins from Leeds and 40 mins from Manchester.

Thanks for any help

Mark

2. dj-dulux

dj-dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Have you updated all the firmware in the devices? This need doing if not, download from pronto site. I have never had any probs to be honest, although I have only used TSU9600, which I assume should be similar.

Does your laptop see the device? Also turn the extender on after the router has booted up, as I have seen this cause some probs before.

What should happen on the extender (extract from one of my working instruction): The top green light will come on; the red light will flash for approximately 10 seconds while the controller establishes a link to the hand held touch screen.

The two top green lights will remain on; the screen should now function as normal.

From your description the security sounds like most likely problem, turn it all off just to see.

Dupe...

3. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Hi, thanks for the response, checked firmware all ok, laptop does recognise extender no problem, and, the lights come on as you describe.

Not to sure what you mean by secrtiy though.

FOr what it's worth, when I check the info page, under settings on the remote, the IP: is not filled in. ODly enough the SSID is filled in with my SKY router ssid that I typed in and, the MAC is also filled in although not with the passphrase I typed int

4. dj-dulux

dj-dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I was referring to the network security settings, WEP64 and WEP128 which are the only ones the Pronto supports. Sounds like you sussed it, just read your other post.

Have fun getting it all to work, should be easy from now on....

Dupe...

5. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Cheers, well as you will have read, I did'nt suss it, although I am rather proud that when pointed in the right direction, I was able to amend the settings etc.

I was begining to move away from thinking there was something wrong with the extender to begining to think it was the connection. I reckon it would have taken be about a week on my own to suss it out.

Really looking for to begining to program it, but of coures, its a hobby for me so, unlike a CI time is not of the essence so, I can play about to me hearts content.

Mark

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Mark, I was round at a TSU9600 client last night, he has been playing with his settings, fixed his IP address in fact, and it would talk only very slowly with his iMerge, and 50/50 command failed when talking to his RFX9400. His router is a D-Link. I put it back on DHCP, problem disappears. I have a Binatone router, mine has to be DHCP, I have 2 on Netgear routers I can think of offhand, they are both DHCP after experiment. I hope you see a pattern emerging. WEP security does not seem to make a difference, but if you've fixed your IP, there is the problem.

7. MSW

MSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Hi MAW,

Thanks for the reply, how strange, I will only get round to testing my RFX9600 tonigh. As I was haveing problems I ran two Cat 5 cables into my lounge (this is where Igenerally play with my laptop) so I could have the RFX right next to where I was working.

Whilst it only took 5 mins today, I was in London all days yesterday and, the kids and wife were fumming when I got back as PC's did'nt work.

I guess I had no issues with my laptop as this was connected via ethernet

Mark

I'l be putting the RFX back under stair tongiht.

I guess this was to be expected, but my tow desktops (which are upstairs) which connect wireless'ly could no longer connect to the route. Probelm was easily solved by entering the new "Hex" code that I had to generate into the router when changing from WPA to WEP.