Looking for Some Particular Cases....

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by RitchieTheBrit, Sep 6, 2007.

1. RitchieTheBrit

RitchieTheBrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hey guys!

My quest for a nice looking case to put under my TV continues!

I have two particular cases that I want, but I can't find them for sale to save my life!!!

The first is the Enlight 7473. I bought one from Eclipse Computers, and then received an email to say that they could no longer provide it, along with every other site I've looked at these cases. It has had some good reviews, but it would appear to be out of production now? Can anyone source one of these?

[​IMG]

The second is a rather spanky looking case from Hong Kong company GTR, the G70. I contacted GTR directly after hunting for an entire night for a reseller (without luck), and I was told that they only sell locally! Gits! Anyone have a clue as to a way of getting my hands on one of these?

[​IMG]

Failing be able to source either of these cases, you can see what I'm shooting for, can anyone suggest a similar style of case, at the sub-£50 mark?

Cheers guys,
    -Ritchie

2. Rob_Meister

Rob_Meister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Is this Antec case sourced from ebuyer not any good...

Clicky

3. Rob_Meister

Rob_Meister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Thought it might be worth pointing out that this is the cheaper version should you not need the updated one...

Clicky

4. RitchieTheBrit

RitchieTheBrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Thanks for the reply, Rob.

I actually looked at that case as a last resort type of thing. Two things put me off; it's a little high on the budget (the Enlight was only £30), and it hasn't got the 'look' that the missus wants (she wants it to match our stereo, silver with a black perspex front). The original idea behind the Enlight was to also fit a stealthed IR receiver and VFD behind the smoked acrylic.

But like I said, I have a fall-back list of easy to source plain cases as well. She's got her heart set on that style, and after she allowed me to put my arcade cabinet in the front room, I'm not about to argue!!! ;) :D

5. Dragy2k

Dragy2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    hi
    have you tryed to contact the maker in hong kong or ask someone at eclipse for a contact number after all its out of production over here theres no harm in giving you a suppliers details.
    most of these chinese / hong kong makers are geared towards the usa market place have you tryed flea bay in america....im sure you will find 1 just keep an eye out good luck

6. RitchieTheBrit

RitchieTheBrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hey Dragy.

I actually emailed Enlight directly (they are not Hong Kong based, that's GTR). That was over three weeks ago, and I haven't received a response from them yet. :suicide:

I tried an international search on eBay for the Enlight. Must admit, not tried it for the other case, but even googling GTR G70 doesn't really yield much!

It's always the same when you spot something that catches your eye, you can never bloody find it!

7. RitchieTheBrit

RitchieTheBrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Got one! Woot!

CLICKY

I know I ended up paying a little more than the budget, but the machine itself isn't too bad. Beats the hell out of the Socket-A mobo/Athlon 2200 I had lined up for it. Can't complain anyway, the GF paid for it! ;)

Now all I need is that VFD...

8. Dragy2k

Dragy2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    allo ritch
    glad u found that very nice looking case atleast u didnt have to go half way around the world to find it..not bad price too £62 let us know how u get on with ur build....unless u keep the sempron :devil:
    ask the bloke u bought it off if he can shed any light on the VFD....good find

drag

9. RitchieTheBrit

RitchieTheBrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hmmm. Received the case yesterday, and I was pretty disappointed.

The case was warped, thubscrews were a mess, and the screwholes were mis-shapen, a good tell-tale that the case had been forced together. Nice big chip out of the front fascia at the top, and although it was in the pictures, it was never mentioned (I was hoping it was simply some fluff or something).

More scratches on the side, one down to the metal, and when I opened the case, it was completely minging! The dirt seemed in-grained into the metal, as well. Cleaning it did nothing, so I polished the offending areas (my arm's killing!).

Though I finally had it sorted, started putting it together, and realised that the spring for the drive cover is missing! ARRRRRRRGH! All-in-all, not that happy. Now I have to find a way to replace the spring.

Left the Sempron in (more powerful than the XP2600 I have here). I'm beginning to wish I had bought that case from Scotland. Brand new, £60, though it was a display mode, so it will probably have its fair share of scratches.

As for a VFD Dragy2k, I've found a decent looking 16x2 for around £15, shipped, and a USB adapter with IR and an iMon remote control (should be compatible with Linux) for the same.

I'm getting one, I'll let you know what it's like!

10. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I'd certainly be interested in how you get on with the VFD & remote with linux.
    Which flavour of linux are you planning to use, and are you going with mythTV for the front end?