1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for some floorstanders...little help?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nimmo, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Nimmo

Nimmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there, I'm looking for some floorstanders to go with the rest of the speakers I've picked out (but haven't bought yet, so feel free to advise on those too :) )

The rears I'm looking at are:
    http://ws3.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=MORD-903-AVANT-MAP

And here's the centre:
    http://ws3.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=MORD-905C-MAP

So I'm looking for some floorstanders that will go with them. I had seen some, but they weren't sheilded so they were no good. Ideally I'm looking for some in beech. :)

(Oh, and my current subwoofer is good enough, so I'm not looking to replace that. In case anyone was wondering. :p )

2. Nimmo

Nimmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Richer sounds have the 914`s for £249.99 same price as the 904`s on hifibitz, they improve the bass with a bigger driver. I have owned the 914`s and they have a good overall sound with good bass, I actuall got rid of a pair of mission m34`s because imho the mordaunt short 914`s sounded better. The only reason i sold the 914`s was because i bought the ms thx speakers.
    Hiffi choice scored the 914`s with 5 stars , saying

"Forget the price and snobby prejudices you may have, the Mordaunt-Short MS914 is a high-enders budget speaker wet dream… the perfect transducer. "

I also own the Mordaunt Short 903`s as centre rears they are an exellent speaker and in my opinion they beat the mission bipoles m5ds and 77ds bipoles, which i have in a cupboard some where.

4. Nimmo

Nimmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1