Looking for some bass heavy wireless headphones for movies

olli460

Standard Member
Hey,

I had a pair of Sony MDR-HW700DS about 2 years ago and loved them for movies, but the lack of 4k passthrough and other issues i ended up selling them. I've been trying to find a good pair of headphones with a similar sound to them but just can't seem to find anything.

I like a nice bass sound, the sonys used to be amazing for this.

I've tried a few pairs over the last few weeks but just havn't been impressed with the sound. I was reccomended trying Sennheiser RS195-U but i just found the sound really flat. I also tried some Sony WH-XB900N Extra Bass Noise which was better but still wasn't anywhere near the sonys.

I've got a pair of bose qc35 ii which i use for music and other stuff mainly but sometimes use for movies as they are really comfy.

Can anyone suggest something that might suit my needs?

lee711

Standard Member
I use a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 for music, fantastic sound that is quite bass dominant, might be worth a try if you can get hold of a pair for demo with movies.

MrNismo

When you tried the Sony xb 900n did you install the app to customise the EQ?
I have the old old predecessor the xb 950bt that had a very crude Xtra bass button that only gave the option of bass heavy and LUDICROUS bass heavy :lol: whereas the newer ones can be fine tuned like on Android POWERAMP.
Without the app it'd be like no Xtra bass activated.
I found with my xb950bt there was all the bass I could ever want.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom