• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for some advise & recommendations please

Martinrp

Standard Member
H

I'm looking for some help and advice please

My current headphones are used as my daughter's bedroom is adjacent to where the TV is and some of the language found on games & dvd's is not one i want them to hear :eek:
So i am currently using Sennheiser RS140 headphones for gaming and watching DVD's
no real issue with them but

My problem is they become very uncomfortable for any length of time
(My ears get hot and sweaty)

could anyone suggest any others please (they do not need to be wireless)
i am more after the comfort and the sound (surround sound would be good)

Do any in ear setups work as well as closed headphones?

As i cant set up a surround system for the TV or move my daughter
i am able to spend it on some Headphones :thumbsup:

Apologies for the numerous questions

and thx for the replies
M

BigTone

Prominent Member
I guess you need open cans, as they let your ears breathe!

With no idea of your budget, I'd reccomend the Grado SR-60's (although they do leak quiet a bit of sound) and the Beyerdynamic DT 880's - bought online they'll both cost less than 100 euro's.

BT

Martinrp

Standard Member
Reading up on the Beyer Headphones
(good reviews)
some mention using an amp ?

being a complete newbie on this
should i get one :confused:

thx

Sorry forgot to mention
mainly using the headphones for
Watching TV / DVD's / BlueRay
Playing the PS3

Last edited:

BigTone

Prominent Member
For the mix of things your wanting a dedicated amp isn't a requirement (I'd only go for an amp if you planned to listen to high quality music for long periods, and so wanted the best SQ) your current set-up should power cans with no trouble.
I love my beyers (DT770/80 pro), but they are closed, but comfy as hell and a great all rounder. My ears do get toastie after 3-4 hours, so I think you'll do better with open cans.

BT

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom