Looking for some advice about LCD TVs

J

Jam66

Hi I'm looking at buying a Samsung LE40M86BD LCD TV but dont now if this is the best choice. I will be using it watch freeview, DVDs and play on the Xbox 360.

Could somebody please give me some advise.

Thanks.

dwallingor

Standard Member
I recently bought a LE26R88BD, on the xbox 360 it looks great, sharp colourfull and bold.

Through the PC it looks just as good.

My only quibble is when it comes to SD television, freeview and such. i find the picture isn't very sharp and strangely geometric, i would suppose if you had Sky HD those problems would be minimal, i dont think you can beat an old CRT style for watching plain TV.

Anyways for gaming LCD are great and Samsung are supposed to be one of the best.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
I recently bought a LE26R88BD, on the xbox 360 it looks great, sharp colourfull and bold.

Through the PC it looks just as good.

My only quibble is when it comes to SD television, freeview and such. i find the picture isn't very sharp and strangely geometric, i would suppose if you had Sky HD those problems would be minimal, i dont think you can beat an old CRT style for watching plain TV.

Anyways for gaming LCD are great and Samsung are supposed to be one of the best.
Try my settings here and let me know what you think.

@ Jam66 : sorry for going off topic

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom