• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Looking for Solution...

kevin danko

Standard Member
I Currently am building my bedroom home theatre.

Current Setup:
Sony Bravia 40inch Kdl V3000 tv.
Sony Htss-360 HTIB Sound System
Comcast HD box
Sony Playstation 3
Apple IMAC Intel.
Apple Iphone 3g

I am attempting to figure out a way to

1. Stream Netflix to my Tv.
2. Watch streaming video from the internet on my tv.
3. A good matching Dvd Recorder
4. Way to utilize the Mediaport for the Sound System to use with my Iphone 3g.

Another question I have for 3. should i be looking for an up convert player if I have a sony ps3 does it up convert already?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
1. Netflix is US based, so I would suggest signing up with AVSForum.com as it's based on your side of the pond.
2. You can stream video content from the internet to the PS3. There are various guides around
3. As you're in the US, the model numbers differ. If US players are like ours, I would suggest Panasonic or Sony as they seem to be very popular and easy to use. Any player with HDMI will upscale, therefore it would be harder to avoid a player that doesn't. In the end, if you're just going to use it to archive movies to disc, will you use it as a player?
4. Check your home cinema system's manual or search within the ipod/mp3 players forum. These things are just docs, aren't they? I can't imagine that they're difficult to use

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom