Looking For Solid TV mainly for Gaming and BluRays

GHenshall

Standard Member
I currently have a 5 year old Sony Bravia and the picture quality is very far behind compared to these new tvs which is what you could expect. I mainly play games, and watch blu rays so im after a tv with a very clear and sharp picture with good color range, full HD, preferably smart tv aswell.

Ive looked at the Samsung 42" UE42F5000AK, and i really like the look of this tv. I was just wondering is there better or just as good for a cheaper price. With this tv being £549 i think at tesco more or less anyway.

I am looking for 40-50" sized tv. Any help would be very welcome and ill be very grateful.

Thanks

Samsung UE42F5000AK Series - 42-inch F5000 Series 5 100 CMR Full HD (1080p) LED TV - Samsung UK - OVERVIEW

Last edited:

Ossie77

The F5000 certainly has a clear and sharp picture. Its also great for gaming. I would consider the 46". I had the 42" and it broke unfortunately. I replaced it for a Panasonic 42E6. TBH the E6 has a much better picture quality specially with blu ray but gaming isn't quite as good. Even now the E6 is starting to look small so I might upgrade to the 46F5000!!! It was definitely good enough for me to consider buying another one.

GHenshall

Standard Member
I purchased the UE42f5300 yesterday :)

Gotta say very pleased with the features, display and sleek design of the tv! Crisp clear display and with a few HD Channels built in on the freeview can't complain!

Thanks for your reply :)

Ossie77

I purchased the UE42f5300 yesterday :)

Gotta say very pleased with the features, display and sleek design of the tv! Crisp clear display and with a few HD Channels built in on the freeview can't complain!

Thanks for your reply :)
Hey! Congratulations!

If you are looking for calibration settings I used the recommended settings for the EH5000 on the (whisper it quietly) HD TV facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/HDTVTest

If you scroll down the page you will see the settings on 23 Dec 2012.

Sulley75

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that this tv suffers from motion blur or not? I am seriously considering this tv and as a gamer I want to make sure it's ok for motion blur and input lag. Had fingers burnt before by buying a cheap to shiva and its one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made!

Any help appreciated, I'm going round in circles so far and have done a few hours research and not got anywhere!

Thank you!

GHenshall

Standard Member
Yes, I have noticed this mainly on FIFA. At certain Parts of the game there is a bit of motion blur, which took a bit to get use to. Still not very happy bout it. But I haven't witnessed Motion blur on any other game as of yet.

Hope this helps.

ShayKaPow

Banned
Yes, I have noticed this mainly on FIFA. At certain Parts of the game there is a bit of motion blur, which took a bit to get use to. Still not very happy bout it. But I haven't witnessed Motion blur on any other game as of yet.

Hope this helps.
Return it and get one of these;

Panasonic Viera TX-L42E5B
LG 42LS570T
LG 42LS5600

GHenshall

Standard Member
Return it and get one of these;

Panasonic Viera TX-L42E5B
LG 42LS570T
LG 42LS5600
I wouldn't see any significant reason to exchange. I am very happy with the tv. Thanks never the less.

Does anyone know where I can find or any other threads with the optimum calibration settings for the Samsung F5300 LED Smart tv?

Ossie77

I wouldn't see any significant reason to exchange. I am very happy with the tv. Thanks never the less.

Does anyone know where I can find or any other threads with the optimum calibration settings for the Samsung F5300 LED Smart tv?[/QUOTE

Calibration setting from expert reviewers for entry level TV's only tend to appear once they've been reviewed which is usually towards the end of the year. You would think that the most popular TV's (the ones most of us can afford) would be reviewed first wouldn't you?!

The F6400 has just been reviewed on HD TVtest so they will probably post settings on their facebook page soon. The reviewer mentioned that it had a warm picture which needed to be dealt with in calibration and as the f5000 series also has a warm picture you could try those once they appear. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait quite awhile!

GHenshall

Standard Member
Yeah you would think they would do the more mid range TVs than the upper range. But hey. Okay thanks for your help and I shall keep a look out. :)

Ossie77

Also try the customer reviews for the F5000 on Amazon US/UK. Sometimes you can find settings there.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom