Looking for refurb or new

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Looking for a reconditioned 40" FHD TV but without all the latest audio and video features such as Dolby and HDR as I will only use it for watching terrestrial TV programmes and Netflix content.I know Sony made some a few years back but cannot remember the model numbers so I was hoping someone might enlighten me here .All current models around that size appear to be UHD which I see no point in having as I do on occasion watch SD pictures.
There is also a Panasonic TX- 40FS503B on eBay at an attractive price but, equally, I would consider buying a new one if it is well recommended.Thanks

vickster

Distinguished Member
Budget?

If in U.K., try the forum classifieds, place a wanted ad (if there’s nothing for sale)

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I am looking for recommendations of particular Sony models which were released, I think, about 3-4 years ago or an endorsement of the above Panasonic .Once I have them I will start looking at the classifieds or eBay

vickster

Distinguished Member
Look back through the Sony forum to jog your memory of model numbers? Maybe the XD/XE ranges?

Dodgexander

You'll probably be best avoiding cheaper Panasonic models. They aren't true Panasonic, just using the badge over TVs that are made by Vestel.

Typically means the quality is no better than supermarket branded TVs.

You may still find some HD Sony TVs for sale. You can filter on their website for HD Only:

Although for some reason the A9 OLED is incorrectly listed. A quick search elsewhere shows this model still available. Although unfortunately like most UHD TVs, HDR is enabled on internal apps where available.

You may have to look at 43" instead of 40".

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
You'll probably be best avoiding cheaper Panasonic models. They aren't true Panasonic, just using the badge over TVs that are made by Vestel.

Typically means the quality is no better than supermarket branded TVs.

You may still find some HD Sony TVs for sale. You can filter on their website for HD Only:

Although for some reason the A9 OLED is incorrectly listed. A quick search elsewhere shows this model still available. Although unfortunately like most UHD TVs, HDR is enabled on internal apps where available.

You may have to look at 43" instead of 40".
RE45 and WE66 both ring a bell and come in 40" sizes.Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom