Looking for Receiver/Amp with MP3 random play option?

esskaykay

Novice Member
Hello,

I’m looking for a small stereo receiver/amp to play back MP3 files via a USB stick or a SD card. I only need about 20 watts per channel to be directed to small bookshelf speakers. However I want a few other functions – primarily an MP3 “random play” option and assignable preset radio stations buttons. In no way does this have to be a high end system simply able to playback MP3’s and FM stations.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

Daniel 70

Hello,

I’m looking for a small stereo receiver/amp to play back MP3 files via a USB stick or a SD card. I only need about 20 watts per channel to be directed to small bookshelf speakers. However I want a few other functions – primarily an MP3 “random play” option and assignable preset radio stations buttons. In no way does this have to be a high end system simply able to playback MP3’s and FM stations.

Thanks,
Steve
The way to achieve what you want is to get an older model Android Mobile phone or maybe tablet. One of the older Xperia or Samsung models with FM radio will do. Even if the battery is knackered, it can be plugged in permanently, and the headphone lead can drive an amplifier. Any Smart Card will hold loads of mp3s , and shuffle mode will give you random tracks.

esskaykay

Novice Member
The way to achieve what you want is to get an older model Android Mobile phone or maybe tablet. One of the older Xperia or Samsung models with FM radio will do. Even if the battery is knackered, it can be plugged in permanently, and the headphone lead can drive an amplifier. Any Smart Card will hold loads of mp3s , and shuffle mode will give you random tracks.
Thank you Daniel. I believe that's the way to go then.

Much apprecieated. . .
SKK

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom