Looking for passive speakers to pair with AIYIMA D03 for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonline3333

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought a LG C1 and the sound is not very good. I have spent hours reading forums and watching youtube videos looking at powered speakers vs receivers and amps and passive speakers. I am in an apartment and do not want a really loud or a system with so much bass my neighbors complain.

I think I have decided on the aiyima d03 amp instead of a receiver and am trying to find the best passive speakers to pair with it for under $200. I was looking at bs5 or kanto yu6 passive or Micca RB42 or jamo s 803. Which of those would you pick or do you have another recommendation instead?

For bonus points please recommend a sub for $150 or less to go with whatever speakers you recommend. Thanks!

Although I'm unsure what speakers you have available where you live, when pairing speaker with the Aiyima D03 Amplifier, ensure you look at the sensitivity and try at looking at one above 90dB as this will present less issues for the tiny digital amplifier.

The three speakers you have listed above measure (I do not know the BS5)

Micca: 83dB
Jamo's: 87dB
Kanto: 86dB

So, if you look at the Klipsch RP 400M as a illustrations, within its specification you can see it is sensitivity measures 93dB meaning they're very easy to power and this is the key when using budget digital amplifiers as they don't have much headroom

Have a read here to understand why its important - understanding speaker sensitivity

Although I'm unsure what speakers you have available where you live, when pairing speaker with the Aiyima D03 Amplifier, ensure you look at the sensitivity and try at looking at one above 90dB as this will present less issues for the tiny digital amplifier.

The three speakers you have listed above measure (I do not know the BS5)

Micca: 83dB
Jamo's: 87dB
Kanto: 86dB

So, if you look at the Klipsch RP 400M as a illustrations, within its specification you can see it is sensitivity measures 93dB meaning they're very easy to power and this is the key when using budget digital amplifiers as they don't have much headroom

Have a read here to understand why its important - understanding speaker sensitivity
Thanks for the feedback and information. I will read through that. I ended up getting the kantos and a loxjie a30 amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom